Mark Nichols, President
Our President has been working in the telecommunications field for 20 years. He has extensive DSP and programming experience, developed the Universal Signal Simulator product line, and has, for the last ten years, been providing Bluetooth related services to government customers. He is also currently the chair for the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) Security Expert Group (SEG) working group.
Signal Processing Analytics was formed in 2002. We have recently shortened the name to Spanalytics. We are engineers and programmers who have been working in the world of DoD with decades of experience between us. We employ leaders in the field of Bluetooth application development and wireless device evaluation. And, in our opinion, have the best-in-class wireless signal generation products, lead by our flagship wireless protocol analyzer.
There are a number of companies that produce Bluetooth related products, but Spanalytics is a leader in providing custom Bluetooth applications and products to DoD customers. We have broad experience in host GUI and stack programming (BlueZ, Broadcomm’s, and iAnywhere’s stacks), and the Baseband-level stack (IPextreme’s Xblue1200). Consequently, we can provide a radio to host application solution specific to a customer’s requirements. We have extensive experience with Bluetooth exploitation research and the consequent defense mechanisms.
Companies that wish to sell Bluetooth related products to the government, especially DoD clients, must typically pass an evaluation process. Spanalytics is uniquely qualified to provide these services. We have worked with DISA to establish testing criteria, and have the most experienced personnel in the industry. We provide an industry-leading wireless signal generation system for use in training or testing applications.
This system is called the Universal Signal Simulator (or USS, for short). We are proud to say that Spanalytics LLC employees, partners in our success, vigorously uphold our mission statement on a daily basis. With the entire staff of Spanalytics LLC sharing our vision of superior quality and unparalleled customer service, we are confident that we are headed for continued success.
Interested in working with a leading cyber security consulting firm that also sells cutting edge products, such as our wireless protocol analyzer?
Spanalytics is currently hiring for a full-time Software Developer.
View the LinkedIn listing here.
About the job
We are growing fast in the Internet of Things domain. Specifically, we provide testing, training, and cyber security products and services that examine IoT wireless traffic.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high quality code for our multi-OS MMI’s and hardware interface applications.
- Develop quality software, including MMI applications
- Analyze and maintain existing software applications
- Design highly scalable/cross-platform, testable code
- Discover and fix programming bugs
Need to have’s
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Mid-level development experience with programming languages: C#, C/C++
- US citizen
- Able to work at least some of the time in Richmond, Virginia
Nice to have’s
- Understanding of wireless protocols, like Bluetooth
- Familiarity with protocols analysis, like knowing Wireshark
- Can work with hardware and know something about embedded development
- Familiarity with cyber security-related coding
Bonus have’s (one or more)
- Have worked with IDA-Pro/Ghidra
- Have worked with SDR’s
- Know VHDL/VERILOG/System C
- Can use Pythos/GNU Radio
- Can implement DSP algorithms in code
- We are on the cutting edge of wireless, our mission is to educate our customers via our products and services and you will learn a lot as well
- We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a flexible schedule
- We are a small company that doesn’t have a lot of bureaucracy
- Richmond, VA is a great place to live
We are always looking to meet top talent, feel free to send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.